1. Inorder to replace fix or install your new HP 311-1037NR laptop fan and heatsink, you will need to open up your laptop. You can do this by removing the screws from the bottom of the laptop.
2. Once the screws have been removed from the bottom of your laptop, you can now remove the keyboard and plastic bezels from your HP 311-1037NR laptop.
3. You will see your HP 311-1037NR Fan and Heat Skin exposed.
4. Use a screw drivers and remove the screws from you HP 311-1037NR HeatSin Fan.
5. Before reinstalling the new HP 311-1037NR Fan onto your laptop, you can clean the HP 311-1037NR Fan. To clean your Fan and Heatsink, use a can of air and blow out any dirk from your HP 311-1037NR Fan. You can also use a paint brush to clean out the dirt from the hard to get areas. Somtimes cleaning your HP 311-1037NR laptop fan will actually repair it. Dirt can cause the HP 311-1037NR Laptop Fan to make noise and even stop spinning properly.