1. View the back of your Gateway NV51B15u Keyboard. If the laptop keyboard has screw holes, then you now you need to remove screws from the bottom base of your plastic bezel. If the keyboard does not have any screw holes, then screws are usually not required to be removed from the bottom of the laptop.
2. Now that you have determined if screws are required to be removed from your Gateway NV51B15u laptop keyboard, we will now pry the keyboard out using a thin object. The first step is to view the top of the keyboard area, also known as the keyboard plastic bezel. If your keyboard has a plastic bezel above your keyboard, you will need to pry it out. If you don’t have a plastic bezel above your keyboard, then you can take a think object. Place the thin object between your Gateway NV51B15u laptop keyboard and the plastic bezel, and pry out the keyboard.
3. Now that your Gateway NV51B15u keyboard has been removed your will need to disconnect the Gateway NV51B15u keyboard cable ribbon from the motherboard. There is usually pins connected to the Gateway NV51B15u motherboard that need to be pushed up/down. Once the keyboard connector cable has been removed from the Gateway NV51B15u laptop keyboard, remove the keyboard.
4. We will now install your new Gateway NV51B15u laptop keyboard.
5. Reconnect the Gateway NV51B15u keyboard to the motherboard. Insert the Gateway NV51B15u Keyboard back into the motherboard. Secure the pins and push the pins in. Once your keyboard is secured, you can now aligned the keyboard with the grooves. Push the keyboard down and in place. If there is a Gateway NV51B15u plastic keyboard bezel, place it back in place. Secure all your Gateway NV51B15u laptop screws back in place.
6. That’s all, you just installed your replacement notebook keyboard!